Academic Articles, Books, and Book Chapters
Chairman and Crisis Management in MIT Sloan Management Review with my
colleagues Michael Tushman (Harvard Business School) and Achim Schmitt (EHL):
- The forward-looking board of directors” Patricia Klarner, Gilbert Probst, Monika Kircher, Achim Schmitt, by Deloitte & Swiss Board Institute, Geneva 2020En francais : https://swissboardinstitute.ch/wp-content/uploads/2020/07/fr-445934-sbi-corporate-governance-whitepaper-kk17-.pdIn English : https://swissboardinstitute.ch/wp-content/uploads/2020/06/deloitte-sbi-corporate-governance-whitepaper_june-2020.pdf
- Faul, M. V. and J. S. Tchilingirian. (2021) Multistakeholder global governance: Structuring spaces between fields. New Political Economy. doi: 10.1080/13563467.2020.184908
- Andonova, L. B. and M. V. Faul. (2021) Effectiveness of partnerships: an analytical framework. In Liliana B. Andonova, Moira Faul and Dario Piselli (eds.) Partnerships for Sustainable Development: Pathways to Effectiveness. Abingdon: Routledge.
- Faul, M. V. and Younes Boulaguiem. (2021) Faultlines within sectors in partnership executive boards. In Liliana B. Andonova, Moira Faul and Dario Piselli (eds.) Partnerships for Sustainable Development: Pathways to Effectiveness. Abingdon: Routledge
- Faul, M. V. and O. E. Welply. Practices of multistakeholder partnerships: An institutional logics approach (under review at Public Management Review).
- Oliver, K. and Faul, M. V. (2018) Networks and network analysis in evidence, policy and practice. Evidence and Policy 14(3): 1-11.
- Faul, M. V. and J. Tchilingirian. (under review at International Studies Quarterly) Opening up or locking in? Multistakeholder global governance and the structuring of spaces between fields.
- Oliver, K. and Faul, M. V. (2018) 'Editorial' for Special Issue of Evidence and Policy: Networks and network analysis in evidence, policy and practice. http://www.ingentaconnect.com/content/tpp/ep/pre-prints/content-ppevidpold1800045
- Stadtler, L. (2017). Tightrope Walking: Navigating Competition in Multi-Company Cross-Sector Social Partnerships. Journal of Business Ethics (forthcoming). http://link.springer.com/article/10.1007/s10551-017-3579-2
- Stadtler, L.; Lin, H. (2017). Leveraging Partnerships for Environmental Change: The Interplay between the Partnership Mechanism and the Targeted Stakeholder Group. Journal of Business Ethics (forthcoming). https://link.springer.com/article/10.1007/s10551-0...
- Stadtler, L.; Lin, H. (2016). Moving to the Next Strategy Stage: Examining Firms’ Awareness, Motivation, and Capability Drivers in Environmental Alliances. Business Strategy and the Environment (forthcoming). http://onlinelibrary.wiley.com/doi/10.1002/bse.193...
- Faul, M. V. (2016) Partnerships, Power and the SDGs. Background Paper for UN Research Institute for Social Development (UNRISD) 2016 Flagship Report. Geneva: UNRISD.
- Faul, M. V. (2016) Why Networks Are Hierarchical Not Flat; and What To Do About It. Global Policy Journal. 7(2): 185-197.
- Stadtler, L. (2016a). Scrutinizing Public-Private Partnerships for Development: Towards a Broad Evaluation Conception. Journal of Business Ethics, 135(1), 71-86.
- Stadtler, L. (2016b). Scaling up Tripartite Social Partnerships – Insights from the Becoming Perspective of Change. Journal of Corporate Citizenship (forthcoming).
- Stadtler, L.; Van Wassenhove, L. (2016). Coopetition as a Paradox: Integrative Approaches in a Multi-Company, Cross-Sector Partnership. Organization Studies, 37(5), 655-685.
- Stadtler, L. (2015). Designing Public-Private Partnerships for Development. Business & Society, 54(3), 406-421.
- Faul, M. V. (2014) Future-imperfect: How Future Global Education Goals May Be Constrained By Contemporary Policy Practices. International Journal of Education and Development: 39: 12-22.
- Probst, G.; Bassi A. (2014) Tackling Complexity: A Systemic Approach For Decision Makers. Sheffield: Greenleaf Publishing Limited.
- Stadtler, L. (2013). Managing Boundaries in Tripartite Cross-Sector Partnerships. In: Leslie A. Toombs (Ed.), Best Paper Proceedings of the 73rd Annual Meeting of the Academy of Management (2013:1; doi:10.5465/AMBPP.2013.40).
- Stadtler, L. (2012). Designing Public-Private Partnerships for Development. M@n@gement, 15(1), 77-100.
- Stadtler, L. (2012). Designing Public-Private Partnerships for Development. Editions SES Thesis 790. Geneva: University of Geneva. ISBN: 978-2-88903-016-3.
- Stadtler, L.; Probst, G. (2012). How Broker Organizations Can Facilitate Public-Private Partnerships For Development. European Management Journal, 30(1), 32-46.
- Stapleton, O.; Stadtler, L.; Van Wassenhove, L. (2012). Private-Humanitarian Supply Chain Partnerships on the Silk Road. In: Haksoz, C.; Seshadri, S.; Iyer, A.V.: Managing Supply Chains on the Silk Road: Strategy, Performance, and Risk. New York: Taylor & Francis Group, pp. 217-238.
- Faul, M. V. (2011) (with H. Cremin) Governing citizenship education. In Arthur, J. and H. Cremin (eds.) Debates in Citizenship Education. London: Routledge.
- Stadtler, L. (2011). Aligning a Company’s Social and Economic Interests in Partnerships for Development. Journal of Corporate Citizenship, 44, 85-106.
- Stadtler, L. (2010). Managing Across Corporate Boundaries: Public-Private Partnerships. In: Stadtler, L.; Schmitt, A.; Klarner, P.; Straub, T. (Eds.): More than Bricks in the Wall: Organizational Perspectives for Sustainable Success. Wiesbaden: Gabler, pp.170-179.
- Faul, M. V. (2008) Foreword. In Parker, J. and R. Wade (eds.) Journeys Around Education for Sustainability. London: London South Bank University.
- Faul, M. V. (2007) Reframing education. Development Education Journal. 13 (3), 9-12.